Earth Mother

Earth Mother

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Babwa, Babwa, Babwa

I am watching the Jonathon Ross show on BBC America. In case you don't watch this, Ross has a speech impediment, along the lines of Babwa Walters. He is very, very charming however and today his sole guest was, wait for it....Babwa Striesand. I'm glad I was in my home when listening to him call her Babwa, while talking to her about Wobert Wedford. Help me, I laughed out loud while solitary in my living room and would have no matter if I'd been sitting with thousands, in fact. While I have always thought Striesand had a glorious, extraordinary voice, I didn't like her much in the human being department. Ross's interview of her revealed a kinder, gentler Striesand than my experience with her long ago at VH1. I'm happy for that and for the people like me who want to like her. The other day when looking at YouTube entries, I saw duet between Barbra and RC that was so amazing and intimate that I played it about half a dozen times before I could get enough. Music still makes my soul dream. I'm the songwriter Ruth Adkins Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment