Earth Mother

Earth Mother

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Pictures and a Thousand Words

One picture is worth a thousand words, somebody said. This writer cannot agree with that. Here is what I think: If the picture is accompanied by several hundred words, it is enhanced. I was just looking at a batch of photos of me. I plan to post them on here a few at a time, with the stories that go with them. But the first photo isn't even a picture of me. It's a picture of an ice sculpture of the logo of the California African American Museum. The night was in October of 2007 and that night I was really celebrating being dubbed CAAM's "Visionary Writer." I love my Museum life, having been the co-curator of two important shows, plus writing many catalogs, producing many videos, editing all the issue of Museum Notes, our newsletter and being able to contribute wall text panels and just about any other writing assignment needed. Plus I am surrounded by great art! Pretty nice stuff for Ruth Adkins Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment