Earth Mother

Earth Mother

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Doin' A Happy Dance

It's been a hard year this first nine months, and I had told my ace Charmaine Jefferson that I'd be happy if just one little area of my life could get straight. Really, everything, everywhere and everybody seemed so screwed up for months on end. But suddenly, the skies opened up and it started raining good stuff on my head. At one point, I looked up wondering if Skip had just gotten so tickled at my silliness at his funeral that he had opened up the locked floodgates for me. Could be. After nine long months, my loan modification documents came through, I got a new literary agent, I jumped into discussions on a screenplay that I do want to write, I got the greenlight on a project with SdP and somebody actually paid me some money they'd owed me far too long (the rest of you can step up here and do the same). So I am going to treat myself to a Thai massage and then wrap myself in words to complete the October issue of Museum Notes and that book treatment and the unfinished chapter on the book I already have in the works. But first, look over here, this is me doin' a happy dance. I'm Ruth Adkins Robinson.

No comments:

Post a Comment