Earth Mother

Earth Mother

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Looking for Adventure

I have cabin fever. I haven't been anywhere for a long time so I need to go go go. But where? Travel is not what it once was. I've been all over the world two or three times and it once was great fun. Road trips are out since my road dog Hal moved to Buenos Aires. I think he is trying now to figure out how to drive from BA to LA but he could just be drunk on too much Malbec. It could be done. I've driven all over Europe. Sometimes alone, sometimes with Cornelius behind the wheel on our way to some conference or other in magic places like Nice, Monaco, Cannes. These days, I don't like having to take off my shoes and that sort of limits air travel. I have taken trains all over the world. The Blue Train in France, the Bullet Train in Japan and even the Southwest Chief here from New York to Los Angeles after my Pan Am plane crash. But the last train I took into Mexico jarred my teet and rattled my bones. I've never been on a bus in my life, could that be an adventure. Hmmm. Probably not. How about a limo to Las Vegas. That could work. "

No comments:

Post a Comment